Description: Read the most important facts and nuances about Magento 2 - a great tool for making your business grow. Get to know why you will want to use this platform with this little guide we prepared for you.
Magento Overview - Get to Know More
The eCommerce world is developing rather fast, which means you have to optimize your solutions and make up new ideas every day to stay in the race. This is the reason why it's essential to choose the right software for your company that will deal with all new challenges. Today, we want to tell you about one of the best examples - Magento. It was released by Varien in 2008 as an eCommerce platform. Later, in 2010, it was renamed Magento Inc. Since 2018, the owner of this platform is Adobe, and Magento is one of the best tools for boosting the productivity of various companies and enterprises. It offers a wide range of features for marketing, SEO, promotion, site management, and so on. Moreover, it has over 5000 different extensions that will help you handle all your problems. In the combination with a user-friendly, intuitive interface, such decent functionality makes Magento a simple and enjoyable tool to use.
Pros and Cons
IMG: https://ibb.co/zXd6MPn (ALT: a screenshot of the site)
- An open-source version of the platform is free to download and install
- Great site customization and modification
- Payment gateway variability, integration, and add-ons
- A large dedicated worldwide community
- Decent security measures
- Capacity and the possibility to scale
- Requires high tech-skills
- No support for Magento Open-source Edition
- Pricey extensions
- Complicated installation
As it was told, Magento is designed to improve the productivity of your business. For this purpose, there are a bunch of features that will help you achieve success with a breeze. Here are some of the most crucial ones:
- Marketing, promotions, and conversing features. In simple words, the main task of this group of tools is the globalization of the market and making your business more popular. One of the most essential tools is the search for related products. It allows you to quickly figure out the best strategy to compete. Knowing everything about similar products, making cross-sells, and researching the market is an easy way to increase sales. Magento also helps group customers according to their wishes or the help they need. This optimizes the operation process and helps you find the right solutions faster.
- Searching engine optimization is a core of eCommerce, which means you must put a lot of effort to ensure the best results. However, with Magento, you will face no complications dealing with SEO problems. Look at the benefits you get for the price you pay: friendly URLs for search engines, URL rewriting, meta-data, pages for categories and content, automatic sitemap generation.
- Site management. Those who have several websites will be glad to have the opportunity to work with all the necessary information through the special control panel that supports many languages and currencies. Customize site templates as you want for better convenience and integrate Magento into other third-party apps, thanks to web services API.
Use the CAPTCHA feature to secure your site from bots and fakes.
- Order management. Gain full control over orders made by online customers to get rid of unwanted stress and pay attention to more important aspects. Using Magento you can easily organize orders and process them via the administrative panel, which makes the entire procedure quick and painless. Create invoices either single or multiple and ensure split fulfillment for shipments and credit memos for orders.
- Creating orders via the call center. This function aids in the administration of consistent control and front-end enhancement for customers during the shopping process. Changes to product settings can be made by the sales agent from the administrative end, as well as by consumers.
- Over 5000 available extensions. The Magento Extensions offers a channel that manages all of the essential tasks associated with eCommerce, such as merchandising, promotion, web management, catalog browsing, and product browsing. This is an unbelievable boost for the efficiency of your eCommerce websites.
IMG: https://ibb.co/CwHrnrQ (ALT: a screenshot of the site)
There are 3 plans that Magento offers to its customers: Open-source, Magento Commerce, or Commerce Cloud. The first one is the most popular because it's free to download. Although you can install it without paying any cent, you will still have to pay for additional elements of any eCommerce website, such as security, domain, hosting, and support. The majority of people ask professionals for help because it requires too much time to figure out how everything works on your own, even though the interface of Magento is rather simple.
So what's the difference between Magento Open-Source and Magento Commerce? Having an opportunity to use such a great platform for free is great, and it can bring a lot of profit, but there is also a bunch of moments that makes you think twice which Magento edition will suit you the most
No native capabilities in Magento Open-source
- There is no Page Builder that allows you to quickly create and change site pages without any assistance with the help of a simple drag-and-drop editor.
- The absence of preview and content staging makes it harder to push optimized and frequent campaigns, such as flash sales.
- Magento Open-Source does not support B2B functionality, which means you have no possibility for quick business expansion.
- You can't enjoy drag-and-drop merchandising features.
- Compared to the Commerce edition, here you have no automation for upsells and cross-sells. Advanced segmentation is also not available. Without these features, you cannot accelerate sales growth well enough.
- No advanced analytics and business intelligence.
- You will have limits for scaling your database.
No support for Magento Open-Source
- Any technical issue you may face is up to you and your developer only. You will have to deal with it on your own.
- In case you decide to launch your site on Magento Cloud, you cannot use Technical Account Manager for assistance.
- Commerce edition offers you a special advisor that will help you maximize the potential profit.
- Finally, you will have to deal with all problems connected with copyrighting. Magento won't help you defend against third parties that blame you for copyright infringement.
If your business is just growing at the moment, and you want to make it grow faster and better, the best option for you is Magento Commerce. The pricing is rather affordable for small- and medium-sized businesses, and it depends on your average annual gross sales.
|Average Gross Sales Revenue||Magento Commerce Cost|
|$1,000,000 - $5,000,000||$32,000/year|
|$5,000,000 - $10,000,000||$49,000/year|
|$10,000,000 - $25,000,000||$75,000/year|
Magento Commerce Cloud is very similar to the previous plan. The only difference between them is that this plan is designed for large businesses with a lot of sales. However, the word «Cloud» is here for a reason - all your data is saved in cloud storage, instead of hard drives. The pricing here is based on the same principles.
|Average Gross Sales Revenue||Magento Commerce Cost|
|$1,000,000 - $5,000,000||$55,000/year|
|$5,000,000 - $10,000,000||$80,000/year|
|$10,000,000 - $25,000,000||$120,000/year|
As you can see Magento offers numerous features that can really become a helping hand in your eCommerce matters. This open-source eCommerce platform has established itself as one of the best eCommerce solutions for any business from small to large ones over the years.
Magento continues to provide online stores all over the world with a powerful system with limitless customization options for a long time. Thousands of features combined with a highly protected framework can provide the best support for your company's development. So if you've been looking for software to increase the productivity of your enterprise, you should definitely take a look at Magento.